Kosmas Sferopoulos is a member of the Athens Bar Association. Born in 1989 in Athens, he studied at Arsakeio Tositseio School of Ekali, graduating in 2007. He was admitted to the Faculty of Law of the Law, Economics and Political Science School (L.E.P.S.) of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens from which received his degree in 2012. He made part of his practical exercise at the Central Authority of the Legal Council of the State (L.C.S.), at the Special Legal Tax Office in the period between April 2013 to May 2014. This was followed by attending to the Postgraduate Course in "Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure" at the University of Athens from which he received his degree in 2016. Later, he attended to the Postgraduate Course in "Criminology" at the University of Athens from which he received his degree in 2017. He speaks excellent English and adequate German.
He has attended to numerous seminars including:
- Legal practical training seminars (theory and work on practical issues) the Youth Research Group of Jurists (E.O.N.N.) during the period November 2011 - May 2012 on subjects based on:
- Labour and
- Commercial Law.
-"The implementing of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights. Their fate after their adoption" on the 01.17.2013, at the Central Office of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State (Academy 68 & Trikoupi, Athens).
-"The contrary rule of law as appellate reason”, on the 02.28.2013, at the Central Office of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State.
-"Dignity and Human Rights", on the 11.07.2013, at the Central Office of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State.
-"Liability of the EU Member State for violations of EU law and its integration into national law", on the 11.21.2013, at the Central Office of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State.
-“Strategic environmental assessment in Greece in accordance with practice and case law”, on the 05.12.2013, at the Central Office of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State .
-“The obligation of compliance of the Public Admninistration on Court Decisions”, on the 30.01.2014, at the Central Office of the Legal Council of the Hellenic State.
-“Legal and Criminological approaches of the sentence”, on the 10/04/2013, at the Panteion University.
-"Antiquities and International Criminal Law. Judicial protection of cultural heritage with an international dimension ", on the 12.17.2015, at the amphitheater "Yiannos Kranidiotis" of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
-6th Conference of the Trainee and New Athenian Lawyers Union (E.A.N.D.A.) on "The Impact of the third Memorandum in Greek law", on the 13-15 May 2016, at the Aks Hotel Porto Heli (Porto Heli).
-1st International Conference of the Institute of the European and International Criminal Law on "International Criminal Law and Contemporary Reality - Challenges and Perspectives",on the 3-5/6/2016, at the Great Sessions Hall of the Bank of Greece, in Athens.
-"Modern Problems of fighting advocacy", Panhellenic Union of Criminal and fighting Lawyers, on the 10/22/2016, at the Great Conference Room of the New Town Hall of Korydallos (Gregory Lambrakis str. 240 & Nikiforidi str.)
- "Traffic Accidents & Private Insurance. Civil, Criminal and Procedural Issues", Union of Greek Lawyers E-Themis, on the 14.10.2017, in Athens Plaza Hotel.
- "Recent developments in theory and jurisprudence in the Law of the Status of Aliens", 4th Panhellenic Conference of Aliens and Immigration Law Association, on the 30.03.2019, in "Europe" Hall, in Nomiki Vivliothiki (Mavromichali str. 23 , Athens)
- Seminar Round: "The New Criminal Code", Criminal Law Student Group of the Athens Bar Association, 18.10.2019 - 17.01.2020.
- "Training of Lawyers on European Law relating to Asylum and Immigration (TRALIM2)", on the 23.01.2020, in the Central Hall of the Athens Bar Association (Akadimias str. 60 , Athens)
- Assignment topics :
- "Money laundering according to Law N. 3691/2008", Postgraduate Studies of Criminal Law and Procedure, University of Athens, 2015.
- "Investigation penetration and police entrapment", Postgraduate Studies of Criminal Law and Procedure, University of Athens, 2015.
- "Military Criminal Law - Criminal liability of servicemen in the Armed Forces - Fear and order", Dissertation, Postgraduate Studies of Criminal Law and Procedure, University of Athens, 2015.
He has also participated in the Inquiry Committee of the National Certification Agency Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (I.C.N.C.A.Q.V.G.) of the Ministry of Education at the exams on the 11.1.2014 as an examiner of practical part,at the Test Center IEK Helioupolis, in specialty "Personnel of Private Security".
He practices law by drafting legal documents and representating in Courts.